Mountain Spirit Heritage Festival, held at Rockport State Park, is a trip back into time.
Displays and entertainment has the feel of way back when.
Displays / Vendors:
- Agricultural vendors (such as baby animals or that prize-winning pig)
- Artists that create art that illustrates the pioneer era
- Artisans that make leather products and saddles
- Artisans that weave and spin
- A tractor display with old fashioned as well as new fangled machines
- blacksmithing demonstrations
- Blue Grass Music competitions
- cowboy poetry
- river dancing
- A wagon train will come down Echo Canyon on Friday and arrive at the park on Saturday.
- Horse drawn haying, plowing and raking demonstrations
- A telegraph deciphering competition
- Fishing on the Weber River
- Dates: Jul 27-29
- Cost: $5 per car
This is basic, old fashioned fun for the whole family. And I don't mean just for kids. The animals are of course
the biggest hits with the wee ones, but those bigger family members will really love the entertainment, or the
demonstrations. Learn how to weave or spin, have a ball wandering through the tractor lot.
Images and graphics by Theresa A. Husarik