A Utah Adventure for the Whole Family
By Guest Author Joe Laing
RV camping in Utah is an adventure every RV traveling family should experience. Here's why -- Utah has more than its share of outstanding outdoor recreation venues and
breathtaking places to camp. Here are just five of the reasons this year's RV vacation can become a Utah adventure for the whole family.
- Utah's Family-Friendly Campgrounds: One of the reasons families love to visit Utah by RV is the amazing number of family-friendly RV campgrounds
throughout the state. When traveling to Arches National Park, for example, a stay at Arch View Resort near Moab
promises not only a scenic campsite with views of those famous arches, but also easy access to the hiking trails, whitewater rafting and back country adventures sure to
please the youngsters. Here's a list of campgrounds in Utah.
- Utah's Unforgettable Scenic Drives: The brilliant red-rock canyons and bright blue waterways of Utah make for unforgettably scenic drives.
Traveling those byways by RV allows you to relax and enjoy the scenery in luxurious comfort. These two Utah scenic byways are highly recommended by vacationing families:
- US 191-The Flaming Gorge/Uintas National Scenic Byway from Vernal to the Utah/Wyoming border will keep the kids glued to the RV's windows.
Winding through Ashley National Forest's pine-studded canyons, this byway has plenty of places to stop and play along the way. Plan time to enjoy magnificent
Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area
as you follow the byway to Wyoming.
- Utah Hwy 92/US 189 – Alpine Loop Scenic Byway encompasses the ancient beauty of Utah.
Timpanogos Cave National Monument
will thrill young spelunkers. Views of both American Fork and Provo Canyon will keep the whole family's cameras snapping.
- Utah's Remarkable Trails: Here's your chance to shut off the handheld devices and tune the kids back into nature.
The trails that make their way through Utah's national parks and forests offer breathtaking views, no matter the level of challenge.
Whether you choose to follow the Cassidy Arch Trail in Canyonlands National Park, take a family bike ride along the North Fork Scenic
Byway Trail or discover the abundance of Salt Lake area trails,
you'll find an adventure waiting just around the bend!
- Utah's Unique History: Thanks to the many National Historic Monuments related to Utah's Mormon heritage,
a visit here is the perfect Utah history lesson for the family. Spend a day on Temple Square in Salt Lake City learning about Brigham Young,
the Mormon Tabernacle and the Salt Lake Temple, surrounded by thirty-five acres of history, genealogy and extraordinary architecture.
- Utah's Lakes & Rivers: Nowhere else in America will you find the kind of landscapes that surround Utah's waterways.
Red-rock canyons surround the aqua gem known as Lake Powell, where the whole family can enjoy boating, fishing, hiking and camping in the beauty of
Glen Canyon National Recreation Area. Your family will also enjoy
camping at Utah Lake, the state's largest fresh-water lake at Provo.
Take the youngsters on a fishing expedition for white bass, black bass and walleye and be sure to bring the boat, as access is free at launches
around the lake.
There's simply no way to understand the historic beauty of Utah without spending some time there. Bring the whole family on an RV camping journey of
discovery; you'll love what you find in Utah.
About the Author
Joe Laing is the Marketing Director for El Monte RV Rentals. You can see more great
RV vacation ideas in their Monty's Musings RV Travel Blog. They can provide you with a
luxury motorhome rental for a Utah RV vacation from their
Salt Lake City RV Rentals location.