How To Have Fun In The Snow
Snow can bring out the kid in all of us. Here are some ways to pick up your spirits and smile instead
of frowning when it starts snowing again.
- Bundle up. The key to being happy outside is staying warm and dry. Invest in good warm, waterproof clothing.
- Choose your company. It can be very rejuvenating to take a walk alone, or just with your four-legged friend.
If you feel like hanging with a crowd, invite some friends.
- Pick a level of activity that you are up for. If you are in shape enough to climb the mountain, then go for it.
If not, stick to something easier. Trying to do something you are not ready for will only frustrate you.
- If you get tired or hungry, stop and take a break. Don't push too hard.
- Use good equipment, and have it checked out before you go out. It is not fun to be stranded far from home
in a blizzard with broken equipment.
- Enjoy the cold! The summers are HOT and there are a lot of bugs.
- Don't go into the backcountry alone. If you get into trouble, you may not be able to help yourself.
- If you are going into the backcountry, take a locating beacon and a shovel.